Thursday, October 12, 2006

Whoops

Okay, the technology thing is on its way to being fixed, which means that sometime in the foreseeable future there will be pictures on this klog and I can dazzle you all with my amazing prowess as a knitter.

Or, at least, show you works in progress and my small growing pile of homemade socks.

Unfortunately, Dear Readers, the fix to the technology thing involved a brief trip to eBay, which--yet more unfortunately for my bank account--did not actually end up being all that short.

Luckily, I wasn't willing to bid high enough to win most of the yarn I wanted. And I managed to keep up a pretty constant mantra of, "Okay, that's great, but how much would I pay for it if I was at The Weaving Works with cash?" Somehow, I managed to win only two balls of Sockotta.

Have I mentioned that I love Sockotta. The first socks I ever knit (or at least the first ones I ever really liked) were done in Sockotta. This yarn will always have a special place in my heart and my stash.

Also, my yarn shop has committed the graven sin of only carrying two colors of it. Damn them.

Do you want to see my yarn? Of course you do...


Seriously, how could I resist? It's bloody rainbow!


Can you just imagine the socks this will make? Seriously!

They should be here any day now...or, well, in a week or so. Hopefully by then I'll have fixed the hardware problem and will be able to show you the yarn in person, so to speak.

Plus, as soon as the technology has been fixed, there will be a picture of my collection of hand-knit socks. How's that for incentive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo perdy. i have to show you my latest acquisitions when we have time (whenever that is...may be some time next week, at your rate!). i really love the rainbowy sockotta. -N*