Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Oh, We Wants It

Lately, I've been craving a spinning wheel. By lately, of course, what I mean is that I've thought getting one was a necessity since I tried my stepmother's last year.

How I've managed to not buy one so far is beyond me. I've probably spent that much on clothes I haven't worn since then. (Okay, probably not, but I'm sure I would have enjoyed the wheel more than the clothes. I can always spin naked...)

Of course, it doesn't help that I know exactly which wheel I want. Now, I haven't done extensive research. I haven't tried out several different wheels to figure out how I like the handling of different types. All I've done, really, is go to The Weaving Works and look at their spinning wheels.

It's not a coincidence that I picked the least expensive. However, I don't think I'd have picked another even if cost wasn't a factor.

Isn't it pretty? Don't you think we were meant for each other?



To give you the specs: It's an Ashford Kiwi Double Treadle. Oh, how I pine for it. Someday, it will be mine.

In fact, let me make this perfectly clear: if I make it through the holiday season sane and in possession of some amount of money, and assuming my stepmom doesn't figure out what I'd really like for Christmas (keeping in mind that I will be not-so-subtly reminding her), then...

...it will be mine.

My feet are rocking just thinking about it.

No comments: