The rules (modified to fit my particular situation, of course) are as follows:
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start immeadiately and run through 30 May 2007 (ending on my birthday, but with the option of extending).
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following provisions:
- Sock yarn does count. The vast majority of the yarn I've bought in the last year has been sock yarn - this whole thing would be meaningless if it didn't apply to sock yarn.
- If someone deserves a specific knitted gift that I somehow do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
- If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
- For major deals (and only seriously good deals, not just so-so) I can make an exception if I still think it's a good idea after 10 minutes of solid contemplation.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn. Of course.
4. Trading stash is allowed. But, given how atattched to it I am, unlikely.
5. Spinning fiber of any sort is not exempt. I started stashing fiber almost the second I started spinning, and the volume has grown exponentially. I'm going to attempt to use up what I have before getting more.